Barracuda Begins Roll Out of SaaS Cloud-to-Cloud Backup Starting with Support for Microsoft Office 365 Environments
Barracuda Backup Provides Customers Greater Flexibility for Data Protection and Disaster Recovery with Long-Term Retention and Physical-to-Virtual Portability
CAMPBELL, Calif., June 10, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — Barracuda Networks, Inc. (NYSE: CUDA) –
Press Release Highlights:
* Barracuda launches Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) Cloud-to-Cloud Backup beginning with support forMicrosoft Office 365.
* Barracuda Backup offers customers flexible deployments for long-term data retention, and now enables administrators to easily export data onto external disk or tape.
* Physical-to-virtual (P2V) portability with Barracuda Backup enables customers to restore physical backups onto a virtual server for rapid disaster recovery.
Barracuda is expanding on its existing flexible options for businesses to manage their data protection and disaster recovery needs. Cloud-to-Cloud Backup, Barracuda’s new SaaS backup option, provides customers with the ability to replicate data from supported cloud environments into Barracuda’s Cloud Storage. Barracuda Backup now provides customers with additional options for long-term data retention and physical-to-virtual portability.
“As IDC’s worldwide unit leader in Integrated Purpose Built Backup Appliances, extending the value we provide to our customers is always our top priority, which includes giving them flexible options for protecting their data and restoring services quickly in the event of a disaster,” said Rod Mathews, GM Storage, Barracuda. “As businesses continue to move their infrastructures to the cloud with the adoption of SaaS applications, providing the same level of protection for physical servers, virtual servers, and cloud services is crucial. The new options for Barracuda Backup, including Cloud-to-Cloud Backup for SaaS applications, will offer customers additional flexibility for data protection and disaster recovery.”
Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) Backup
Barracuda’s new Cloud-to-Cloud Backup currently supports Microsoft Office 365 including Exchange Online and OneDrive for Business. IT administrators concerned about protecting Microsoft Office 365 environments will be able to replicate data over a secure connection to be stored in Barracuda Cloud Storage.
Lost data can be more easily searched for and retrieved. Administrators can download or restore data directly back to Microsoft’s hosted applications from Barracuda Cloud Control – a centralized web-based administration console, accessible from anywhere. Benefits include:
* Protection against accidental or malicious data loss
* Customizable retention policies and granular selection
* Automated or manual backups
* Search, multi-selection restores, or downloads
* Barracuda Cloud Storage can be deployed in geographically distributed, enterprise-grade data centers
* Data encrypted with HTTPS/SSL in transit and AES 265-bit encryption at rest